Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Reflections

Today is Valentine's Day, a day where romance is celebrated. There is no other days in the 365 or 366 days of calender that you would find girls carrying flowers or presents around as they walk, or guys smiling happily with the little presents their girlfriends made or buy for them. You can see the smiles on people's faces everywhere. The guy who finally got enough courage to confess and got accepted, the girl whose crush finally confessed to them, or even the confirmation from their partners that they still love them. To the people who are having a precious relationship with their partners, my heartfelt congratulations to you. There is perhaps no emotions more powerful enough to make a person feel more alive and meaningful, except for hate. 

But what about the others? As we see the smiling faces of everyone who are enjoying the sweetness of romance, what about those who didn't get to experience it, and still have to watch others who are enjoying their relationships? We didn't see people sulking around the streets, but that doesn't mean they are happy in their hearts. The boy who finally got enough courage to confess but was rejected, the guy who didn't even get the chance to get near the woman he likes, the girl who didn't receive a confession from the boy she admires and the woman who step out of her 'boundary' and confessed but still was turn down. Finally we have those who 'got used' to the freedom of being single, but still thought, 'I wish I could be like that couple over there.'  and the ones whose partners told them they wanted a breakup. Humans are not made to be alone, that's why we feel for the opposite sex (or the same sex).

No, I am not going to give you advice on how to get your crush to fall in love with you, or how to improve your relationship. The rest of the article, or whatever you call it, is a reflection i got today.

As the singles walk around and see couples, we may thought, why is it only me out of my other friends, remains single? Or why did that uncool person over there got attached? Am I not even comparable to him/her? Perhaps you will be familiar with the thought of 'I love this person so much that if it is possible, I want to get married with him/her and start a family, living happily.' I guess everyone would have thought of that before. 'I did so much, and it all come to waste.' Almost certainly I would say you would have cried over a failed relationship, or over a relationship you can never get it to start, whether is in front of your best friend, or whether it is in your room in the middle of the night. Either case, it hurts.

I can offer no sound human wisdom to alleviate your pain. But as you probably would have guessed, i can only offer you consolation, or maybe some encouragement using Christianity teachings. If you stumble into my blog, you would have noticed I am a christian who don't put my life stories on blogs. So same for here, I will not put my life story here (which is why nobody ever visit my blogs). But before you go away, thinking: this is another idiot trying to preach, let me assure you I am not going to do that. But I am going to explain somethings in the christian manner, so non-christians please do not get offended by it. Don't worry I will not insult anybody in my article. Lols.

As we all know, God is all powerful and all knowing. Even before you are born he already knew you, planned your life and has everything set for you, if only you would follow Him. I know it sucks to know that you are not in control of your life, but let's not go into that for now. Now, if we can agree with what I said, that it logically follows that He has already chosen a partner for you, if you are planned to get married. I can't say for sure whether you are planned to remain single or married. Nobody knows. But let us assume everyone here is planned to get married. So if we are still not having a partner, and we are planned to get married, then what on earth is going on? I thought about this, and the answer popped up. Simply because the time is not up. Either you are not ready, or your partner is not. But one thing we know, if you are planned to get into a relationship, start a family, you will get it. That is provided you follow Him. Of course, we can take control of our own lives. I choose my own partner! Sure, but then, are you sure you will be happy with the one not meant for you? When things go wrong, maybe you would start to think: What would have happened if I had entered into a relationship with another person instead of him/her? Without a confirmation from God about the person meant for you, you would sway a little from your relationship when things go sour. You would not think of keeping the relationship at all cost. When that happens, doesn't the heartbreak from a failed relationship more painful than the one you get when you could not get a relationship to start? After saying so much, what is the moral of the story? 

Everyone wants to love and to be loved. But we sometimes don't see that coming. Wait patiently. Communicate with God. Find out from Him what he wants from you, and above all have faith. If it is meant for you, you will get it. God doesn't make mistakes, but we do. Who doesn't want a relationship like Romeo and Juliet, where one could not live without the other? Or who wouldn't be touched when they see the japanese drama [Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu], where the guy's love for the girl is so deep that he could not let go of the relationship with her, even after she died of leukemia 17 years ago?  Is 17 years, not 17 days, not 17 months. We can have that kind of relationship too, I mean the depth of love, not the act of suicide when you saw your partner die. All I can say is, wait faithfully and trustingly from God. As for me, I am waiting too. =)

No comments: